Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year...Better Me

A New Year has begun and while I do not make resolutions for the New Year, I have decided to look at areas of my life that I haven’t been happy with lately and seek ways to improve. I will not be setting specific goals but general goals that way I will not beat myself up if I do not quite hit the mark. I have decided that I need to stand up and recognize that part of improving my lackluster attitude will only happen if I make it happen so I am going to focus on the following in 2013 

Personal – I deserve time to be “Amanda” – not wife, mommy, daughter, employee, etc. All my other roles are important to me but if I’m not taking care of myself, how can I take care of others. So I’m making a goal to allow myself a couple of hours where I get away from those roles and do what I need to recharge. By the end of the year, I hope to say that at least every other month I took time away and was just me. 

Physical – I am not happy with the way I look in my clothes, the mirror or in pictures and it is time to change that. I am going to link about with Becky at The Java Mama to help me stay accountable but my basic goal is to feel better about my physical appearance at the end of the year. I do have a small goal I plan on setting that I will share in Monday’s post. 

Spiritual – I have a tendency to not focus when I’m studying the Word and I have got to stop that. I need to get back to spending time in the Word and with the Lord. I have NEVER been good at making that a priority and since getting married and having kids I have let this fall to the bottom of the priority list. That has got to change. By the end of the year I want to be reading either my Bible or a devotional for 10 – 20 minutes a day at least 4 times a week. I CAN do this! 

I may not post much else during the year but I am hoping that by posting a status update every Monday on at least my progress on my Physical that I will also evaluate privately on how sucessful I was in the other areas.



 

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a fabulous plan, and I love how you've focused on each aspect.

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but I also have a right to keep things inappropriate off this space.