Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's going to be one of those weeks/weekends

My nemesis is laundry.  It is just one of those things you cannot put off for two long with two adults that both work full-time (i.e. need clean work clothes), a three year old little boy who is into everything little boys like and his 9 month old sister who follows him into whatever mess they can find. 
Love my babies

We get home from church and errands on Sunday afternoon and I decide to start my dreaded task of doing the laundry that I had put off all weekend.  Things are rocking along, I get two loads done and put the third in the dryer, start it up and go to wash the baby bottles.  10 minutes later *THUD* and then silence in my laundry room.  Jason goes in there to see what happened and I hear him say "Uh Oh".   To be fair, the dryer was 21 years old so it had a good run but still couldn't it have waited to I was on my last load before it decides to give out.
On the bright side, I get to finally buy a new washer/dryer that is energy efficient, water conserving and well SHOP, so I was excited.  Monday I go out on my lunch break to a local appliance store (usually has same day delivery) and find a set that has the features I want, yay!  Then they tell me they have to order the dryer because they do not have a gas dryer in stock and it will be Thursday before they can be installed.  *sigh* I can picture the mounds of laundry multiplying but what can I do.  
So today is the day, I never thought I'd be so happy to do laundry!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but I also have a right to keep things inappropriate off this space.